Blom Romania SRL is the Romanian branch office and production facility of Blom, it has 400 employees at the locations Targoviste and Bucharest.
TBD is the division to produce geodata in the frame of military cartographic projects (MGCP, VMap). Based on satellite images and other sources medium scale digital topographic maps are produced using adapted GIS production tools. The division comprises in the moment about 55 engineers and operators.
For the addition and completion of our TBD team we are looking for a:
GIS Application Engineer
TBD division is using several software platforms for the production of geodata:
- strumap (for digitizing, data modeling)
- ArcGIS, Quantum GIS (quality checking, visualizing)
- Geomedia, Digital Cartographer (VPF)
In order to use the software efficiently and to gain high quality data as well as achieving a good performance, user interfaces and automated procedures have been developed using programming and scripting languages (C++, Python etc.)
The task of the GIS application engineer is to
- maintain the functionality and performance of existing software packages
- study and analysis of related project specifications, implementation of updated parameters and data structures into the software
- programming of user interfaces, checking routines and automation of processes
- create documentations
- train operators
- standby support during export and delivery
- support of technical management in continuous improvement of the production workflow
Beside of this an intranet based documentation and knowledge database has to be established and maintained.
- degree in informatics, geo informatics, geography, geodesy
- practical experience in programming and handling GIS and CAD software (ArcGIS, Geomedia, strumap, microstation), at least for 3 years
- very good programming skills (C++, python, HTML, PHP etc.)
- very good knowledge of English language, French also welcome
- ability to work in a team, flexibility, creativity.
- a demanding job in a highly motivated team for international projects
- salary adapted to the performance and the position of the job
- possibility for continuing training and professional development.
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org