Blom Romania SRL is the Romanian branch office and production facility of Blom, it has 400 employees at the locations Targoviste and Bucharest.
TBD is the division to produce geodata in the frame of military cartographic projects (MGCP, VMap). Based on satellite images and other sources medium scale digital topographic maps are produced using adapted GIS production tools. The division comprises in the moment about 55 engineers and operators.
For the addition and completion of our TBD team we are looking for a:
Project Engineer for Photo Interpretation and Geodata Production
The production of geodata is mainly based on the interpretation of satellite images, but also maps, elevation models and other data are available. For data capture and quality control the GIS software strumap (Northgate) is used, being adapted by a project related user interface. Also ArcGIS and Geomedia are integrated in the workflow.
The task of the photo interpretation engineer is
- preparation and elaboration of the specific characteristics of the project areas (geomorphology, infrastructure etc.)
- analysis of specifications and extraction rules, follow up of updates
- training and support of the data capture operators
- interaction and communication with the client for assuring consistency of interpretation
- maintaining the content of documentation and knowledge database
- support of and collaboration with the quality assurance team
- degree in geography, cartography or geodesy
- at least 3 years professional experience in the field of photo interpretation and remote sensing
- specific knowledge and experience in the fields of geomorphology, geology, landscape ecology
- experience in the field of topographic mapping for military geo data projects (MGCP, VMap)
- ability of fluent communication in French language
- a demanding job in a highly motivated team for international projects
- possibility for advancement and takeover of management functions
- salary adapted to the performance and the position of the job
- possibility for continuing training and professional development.
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org